My photo
Myerstown, PA , United States
I am a teacher. I can't spell well or speak correctly. How did I ever become a teacher you ask? Only God. It's a long story. I am an introvert. I think more than I speak. I enjoy being alone, and at home as much as possible. I want to reflect God's love to every person God brings to me. I am married to a wonderful, caring, supportive man. He loves to help others, and is willing to listen and talk to those in need. He loves to garden, and work outside. Cookies are his favorite. We love drinking coffee and eating cookies together. I have a burden for hurting children. I wish all children everywhere, felt love, safety and security, from not only their Heavenly Father, but also from a family that cares more about the needs of their children then their own personal needs. I love looking for small glimpses of God's great love. They are all around us, every day. Have you noticed? Do you know of God's love for you?

Saturday, May 14, 2011

tidbits and blessings

    The last few weeks have been a little discouraging, looking for work, daily scrolling through Kijiji, emailing resumes, making phone calls, or trips into the city checking for work. Still I wait.... but hopeful of possibilities around the corner.

     We are also looking for a new place to rent. We have to be out of our current place by July 15, so we've been looking around for the perfect place, in size, price, and location. There are definitely many places out there available to rent. It's hard trying to figure out what is the BEST place for us. If I had a job already lined up, that would answer a lot of questions.... but the future is unknown.


     However.... I have truly been blessed lately. Janelle Glick, the lady of the house we are renting from now, takes good care of me. She loves to talk, and gives me ideas of places to check out for work, helps me write a resume, gives us some of her AMAZING chicken and potatoes, invites me to do things with her, and lets me take her boys out for walks. She is really an amazing lady, and we are becoming good friends. One day last week she invited me to go with her to a Mother Daughter sewing circle at her church. Her mom couldn't come so she asked me. (Janelle is about 2 years older then me) Normally it really wouldn't be my thing, but because she was only going for a few hours, and I had nothing planned I decided to go along. Plus there was a huge carry-in dinner. :) So I went, and immensely enjoyed myself. I met a few, old, MBS, acquaintances, and had fun meeting new, oldish, Mennonite, ladies. And the food was AMAZING!
     One day I took Dante for stroller ride. I was amazed at all the different smells. Dirt, diesel, fresh cut grass, a variety of leaves, flowers and bushes, rotting carcasses, fresh bread, and laundry detergent, just to name a few. Plus there were a few unrecognizable smells. I marveled at how an inch wide space on my face, could take all these different smells in, and my brain would recognize each one separately. What an amazing gift, the sense of smell.
    This morning Janelle and I got up early and went garage saleing together. It was much fun!!! We found some really amazing deals, and it was just fun being out with mobs of other people, looking for that "really good bargain." I found some much needed double size sheets for $1, an espresso machine, a french press for Twila, and I bought my first cookbook for $.50. Yes it was a good morning, rain and all.
     We are now planning an excursion to value village, and Joann's fabric sometime in the near future. Neither of us enjoy sewing, so that's unfortunate.


     Last night Kendra Frey, a good friend I met at SMBI, and I went out for coffee. We had a nice LONG chat, until the coffee place closed, then we went walking down the streets of Elmira. We walked and talked, and shared our hearts, and laughed, and really had a good time.


So yes, God is good, friends are fun, and I'm learning to wait, rest, and trust.

No comments: