My photo
Myerstown, PA , United States
I am a teacher. I can't spell well or speak correctly. How did I ever become a teacher you ask? Only God. It's a long story. I am an introvert. I think more than I speak. I enjoy being alone, and at home as much as possible. I want to reflect God's love to every person God brings to me. I am married to a wonderful, caring, supportive man. He loves to help others, and is willing to listen and talk to those in need. He loves to garden, and work outside. Cookies are his favorite. We love drinking coffee and eating cookies together. I have a burden for hurting children. I wish all children everywhere, felt love, safety and security, from not only their Heavenly Father, but also from a family that cares more about the needs of their children then their own personal needs. I love looking for small glimpses of God's great love. They are all around us, every day. Have you noticed? Do you know of God's love for you?

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Puzzle Pieces


Sometimes life feels like a puzzle.

We have this piece that just does NOT go with the rest of the puzzle.
It's the wrong color.
Or maybe even the wrong shape.
It looks totally out of place with the other pieces.
Where did it come from?
This is not my piece, it has to belong to another puzzle.
It's black, it's ugly.
It's awkward, maybe even painful.
It has no meaning.

But it's there.

Time goes on.
The piece does not move.
We learn to accept the "odd" piece.
But what is it's purpose?
Why would the Master puzzle maker put this piece in my puzzle?
It ruins the whole picture.
Does the Maker know what He's doing?
Could He have made a mistake?

Time goes on, maybe even years.

Then suddenly one day it all makes sense!
More missing pieces are put in place, making a beautiful picture.
Who would have guessed?
The piece that looked so out of place, now is one of the most important pieces of the whole puzzle.
It no longer looks ugly.
It no longer sticks out.
That one piece brings purpose, security, and meaning to the whole picture.
Instead of being angry at the ugly piece, we are now thankful.
Instead of rejection, we embrace.
Instead of hate, we love.
The Maker knew what He was doing when He designed the puzzle.
But the puzzle is far from being finished.
More out of place, ugly, pieces are bound to show up before the puzzle is completed.
But we aren't afraid of them, because we know we can trust the Maker.

1 comment:

Carita said...

Yes, excellent thoughts there. . .sometimes, though, it feels as though there are more "odd" or confusing pieces than pieces that fit and make sense. :-)

-Carita