My photo
Myerstown, PA , United States
I am a teacher. I can't spell well or speak correctly. How did I ever become a teacher you ask? Only God. It's a long story. I am an introvert. I think more than I speak. I enjoy being alone, and at home as much as possible. I want to reflect God's love to every person God brings to me. I am married to a wonderful, caring, supportive man. He loves to help others, and is willing to listen and talk to those in need. He loves to garden, and work outside. Cookies are his favorite. We love drinking coffee and eating cookies together. I have a burden for hurting children. I wish all children everywhere, felt love, safety and security, from not only their Heavenly Father, but also from a family that cares more about the needs of their children then their own personal needs. I love looking for small glimpses of God's great love. They are all around us, every day. Have you noticed? Do you know of God's love for you?

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Week 1: wite-out, and warm fuzzy feelings

Yes, that's right, 9 boys and 2 girls. Aren't they just so cute!? 


The first week is history. It went a lot better then I expected due to the fact that God's presence was very real!  But just like any other school it all takes time to get back into the swing of things. The students have forgotten how to follow directions, and the teacher struggles with finding the right balance of review and lesson coverage. 


On the first day of school, one of my students, totally out of the blue, asked me if I had any wite-out. The question had nothing to do with the topic at hand, and I knew the student didn't need any at the time, so I was puzzled at the question. No, I did not have any wite-out, I had not gotten any from the supply room yet. The very next day, Nick's mother came in to school to meet me, and see the classroom. Then she tells me... yesterday Nick felt really bad that I didn't have any wite-out. He wanted to use HIS money to buy some for his teacher. She knew I had access to some, but saw through the heart of her son. This was a sweet gesture he wanted to do for his teacher, so without saying anything about it, she allowed him to buy some. She just wanted me to know so I could understand the story behind his gift. A few minutes later, Nick comes up to his Mom and whispers. "Should I give it to her now?" He did, and I received the wite-out with a huge smile, and warm fuzzy feelings in my heart, knowing he had spent his own money on something he saw as a need for his teacher. I was honored. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amanda, that is such a sweet story! You are going to have such a fun year with those sweet kids! :)

Carita said...

Yes, very sweet story!