My photo
Myerstown, PA , United States
I am a teacher. I can't spell well or speak correctly. How did I ever become a teacher you ask? Only God. It's a long story. I am an introvert. I think more than I speak. I enjoy being alone, and at home as much as possible. I want to reflect God's love to every person God brings to me. I am married to a wonderful, caring, supportive man. He loves to help others, and is willing to listen and talk to those in need. He loves to garden, and work outside. Cookies are his favorite. We love drinking coffee and eating cookies together. I have a burden for hurting children. I wish all children everywhere, felt love, safety and security, from not only their Heavenly Father, but also from a family that cares more about the needs of their children then their own personal needs. I love looking for small glimpses of God's great love. They are all around us, every day. Have you noticed? Do you know of God's love for you?

Monday, April 11, 2011

Change is Inevitable

It's April 11, 2011 and life is changing. 
Change can be good, but it can also be very hard. 
Change means the snow is melting and trees are budding. 


Change means there is adventure around the corner. 
Change means saying good-bye to friends that have become very special 
to you, with little chance of seeing them in the near future. 


Change is that heavy round stuff some people tend to carry in their pockets. 
Change buys Tim Hortons coffee!!! 
Change is packing up all of life's valuable possessions, and moving from one community to another, sometimes even to another country. 
Change is having a birthday. 
Change is coming back to your home church after being gone for a while, 
and being welcomed with open arms by a little girl who isn't so little anymore. 
Change is the multiples of grey hair that seem to be appearing 
more and more too frequently. 
Change is repainting your room, from a drab off white, to yellows and reds. 
Change brings joy.
Change brings tears. 
Change causes growth. 
Change is inevitable. 



       We can't be 23 for the rest of our life, nor can we always have spring and summer. Life is like that. The more we live, the more we change. The more life changes, the more we long for Heaven. Longing for heaven brings us closer to the realization that this world is not my home. Longing for Heaven brings us closer to Jesus, with the desire to spend more time sitting at His feet. Help me, Jesus, to use this period of change to secure myself in You, as I long more for Heaven every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Amanda...great post. Very true. And I love the pic from the lookout...that has to be from the day you and me and Alissa and Amanda E went up there... :) Such good times... :)