My photo
Myerstown, PA , United States
I am a teacher. I can't spell well or speak correctly. How did I ever become a teacher you ask? Only God. It's a long story. I am an introvert. I think more than I speak. I enjoy being alone, and at home as much as possible. I want to reflect God's love to every person God brings to me. I am married to a wonderful, caring, supportive man. He loves to help others, and is willing to listen and talk to those in need. He loves to garden, and work outside. Cookies are his favorite. We love drinking coffee and eating cookies together. I have a burden for hurting children. I wish all children everywhere, felt love, safety and security, from not only their Heavenly Father, but also from a family that cares more about the needs of their children then their own personal needs. I love looking for small glimpses of God's great love. They are all around us, every day. Have you noticed? Do you know of God's love for you?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In my weakness, He is made strong.

So life has been busy. Here's a little update on my job. Training is finished at Tim Horton's and yesterday was the first day I worked on my own. Although very tiring, it went well. Of course I'm not as fast as the baker that has been there for 3 years. It's coming tho, and at least I know what I'm doing now. The main baker (Lidia) went to Cuba for two weeks, and I am taking her place while she's gone. So my day begins at 4:01a.m. I work like crazy all morning, hardly having time to take a break. By the time I leave at 1:00 my feet feel like rubber, and my neck and various portions of my back feel like sharp knives are stabbing them. The HOT, humid, summer is a shocker compared to my cold work area. My afternoon consists of a bite to eat, and often times a long nap, (in which I usually wake up feeling pretty much dazed and have a headache) and most importantly some time spent with God.

 God has been so good to me!! I'm reminded often of the verse... "In my weakness, He is made strong." So many times, I cry out to God for physical, emotional, and spiritual strength, and God meets every need, right on time. One morning, on my way to work, God reminded me that He was "at my right hand" always available to talk to, and always ready to help. I specifically prayed that morning that God would, "Go before me, and level the mountains, walk behind me, giving me protection, surround me with Your peace, and stay at my right hand." That day in particular,  I was faced with a rather upset boss who lashed out at me and all who would listen. I was overwhelmed, not knowing how to take her insults. (oh the joys of a new job) Fortunately it was soon break time, and I could escape. And then God reminded me.... "I am here. I am at your right hand. Just ask for strength." It was beautiful. God was there!!!  Right there in the break room. He gave me the courage to stand strong, and finish my work.

  God has also blessed me with an amazing prayer warrior. She is an awesome friend; encouraging, and praying for me on a daily basis. Many times through out the day, I am reminded that she is praying for me. She is teaching me the importance of praying for others, and being there when they need encouragement.  She indeed is helping to 'hold up my arms' as Aaron and Hur did for Moses.
    Each one of us need people in our lives to inspire us onward to victory. As I look around, I see many who need encouragement. (Even my cranky boss!) It's amazing how a simple smile, or a "good morning" can change someones attitude. As I look for people to bless, it takes my eyes off my physical weaknesses, and gives me more compassion for the hurting around me.
We need each other. People need you. Go be an Aaron.
God is good!

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Hey, Amanda! Thanks for the challenge to be an Aaron! I like that. Did you just start this blog?