My photo
Myerstown, PA , United States
I am a teacher. I can't spell well or speak correctly. How did I ever become a teacher you ask? Only God. It's a long story. I am an introvert. I think more than I speak. I enjoy being alone, and at home as much as possible. I want to reflect God's love to every person God brings to me. I am married to a wonderful, caring, supportive man. He loves to help others, and is willing to listen and talk to those in need. He loves to garden, and work outside. Cookies are his favorite. We love drinking coffee and eating cookies together. I have a burden for hurting children. I wish all children everywhere, felt love, safety and security, from not only their Heavenly Father, but also from a family that cares more about the needs of their children then their own personal needs. I love looking for small glimpses of God's great love. They are all around us, every day. Have you noticed? Do you know of God's love for you?

Monday, June 20, 2011

Nature Speaks



"There’s not a plant or flower below, but makes Thy glories known,
And clouds arise, and tempests blow, by order from Thy throne
While all that borrows life from Thee is ever in Thy care;
And everywhere that man can be, Thou, God art present there."


     The words are so simple. Nature speaks of God's glory. It's all around us. In the blue of the lake, in the details of a lily, in the sun's rays breaking through the clouds, in a full moon or amber sunset, God's majesty and glory are exploding into shouts of praise that can only be heard by the one who really stops and listens. Do I notice? Do I hear?


     Every morning at 4:45a.m. while most of the city sleeps on, and before the sky even begins to grow light, there is a robin perched on a telephone wire singing it's little heart out. I first noticed it one morning on my way to work while waiting for a stoplight to turn green. I was in a bad mood, and didn't want to go to work AT ALL! I rolled down my window and listened to the little thing. He was sure going at it, and I thought "What bird in it's right mind would get up this early just to sing?" But then I thought, he is singing praises to God, and shame on me for being so grumpy. I should be singing praises to God too, even at this early hour.  As the light turned green and I went on my way I knew that God had sent that small bird to teach me something. There was no reason to be in a bad mood, God was here, and He was in control. Would I praise Him too?
     And now every morning, as I wait for the light to change at 85 and King St., the robin and I have a conversation. We say good morning, and together praise God for His goodness.  He never misses a morning. He's always there sitting in the same spot, and always singing. 



No comments: