My photo
Myerstown, PA , United States
I am a teacher. I can't spell well or speak correctly. How did I ever become a teacher you ask? Only God. It's a long story. I am an introvert. I think more than I speak. I enjoy being alone, and at home as much as possible. I want to reflect God's love to every person God brings to me. I am married to a wonderful, caring, supportive man. He loves to help others, and is willing to listen and talk to those in need. He loves to garden, and work outside. Cookies are his favorite. We love drinking coffee and eating cookies together. I have a burden for hurting children. I wish all children everywhere, felt love, safety and security, from not only their Heavenly Father, but also from a family that cares more about the needs of their children then their own personal needs. I love looking for small glimpses of God's great love. They are all around us, every day. Have you noticed? Do you know of God's love for you?

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Challenge

 This morning when I awoke, I had this feeling that God wanted to show me something important. I started laundry, checked my email and facebook and still felt this nagging feeling... What was it? I could describe it as a craving, a longing, or maybe just suspense. I felt God beckoning me to spend time with Him. So I opened my Bible and began reading Psalm 105. Vs 4 says... "CRAVE Him, and His STRENGTH"  Was that is? Is that what God wanted to show me? Is that what I felt? I kept reading. Both ch. 105 and 106 talk about God's mercy towards the Children of Israel. God delivered them. They rejected Him. They cried for mercy. God forgave them. They rejected Him. They cried for mercy. God forgave them. Over and over God keeps forgiving them. "Many times did God deliver them, but they were rebellious in their counsel... nevertheless God regarded their distress... remember His covenant... according to the abundance of His mercy and loving-kindness..." I underlined these verses and wrote... Faithful Mercy. As I thought about all that God had done for His people, I had this longing to sit under teaching... take classes... hear the old familiar stories... to be captivated by the love and mercy God has for His children. I really should spend more time reading the Bible. Suddenly the thought came to me... Maybe I should read the Bible through in 90 days!!! I've done it before, and have been wanting to do it again sometime. Maybe now is the time. Hey, there are about 90 days left before school starts. I could totally do that!!!  It wouldn't be that hard. I have a lot of free time these days. So I searched it, came across a web site and schedule. And then lo and behold, I see they have a summer reading program beginning June 1st. This summer hundreds of people will be reading the Bible through in 90 days. When is June 1st tho? I look on my cell phone....  I can't believe it. June 1st is TODAY!!!  HOLD IT!!!!!  And suddenly I knew what God was trying to say to me. I knew why I felt what I did.  

If I have a lot of time to be on facebook, and read novels, then surely I have enough time to read 16 chapters a day in the Bible. I know it will be difficult at times, especially on weekends, and over the time we move and stuff. But I can do this. I still have a lot of free time in my day. I decided that I need to set up something for when/if I get behind. I love coffee, and I love my facebook time. The day I get behind, I will not have coffee, or go on facebook, until I am caught up with my reading. (That also includes Tim Horton's and Starbucks.) So begins a summer adventure/challenge. I am looking forward to it. It is a rewarding goal. Anyone want to join me?

No comments: