My photo
Myerstown, PA , United States
I am a teacher. I can't spell well or speak correctly. How did I ever become a teacher you ask? Only God. It's a long story. I am an introvert. I think more than I speak. I enjoy being alone, and at home as much as possible. I want to reflect God's love to every person God brings to me. I am married to a wonderful, caring, supportive man. He loves to help others, and is willing to listen and talk to those in need. He loves to garden, and work outside. Cookies are his favorite. We love drinking coffee and eating cookies together. I have a burden for hurting children. I wish all children everywhere, felt love, safety and security, from not only their Heavenly Father, but also from a family that cares more about the needs of their children then their own personal needs. I love looking for small glimpses of God's great love. They are all around us, every day. Have you noticed? Do you know of God's love for you?

Friday, June 17, 2011

Minnesota Beauty

This is the first summer in 25 years that I have not lived in Northern Minnesota. I miss the BEAUTIFUL lakes (plural), loons, lightening bugs, lady slippers, spontaneous outdoor v-ball, random campfires with friends serenaded with deep discussions s'mores and the occasional iphone, the hammock, FISHING, teaching VBS, Ben Franklin Crafts, Crazy Dayz, being near water, Independence Day parade, bagpipers, sunsets on lakes, softball games followed by DQ, picking/selling strawberries, eating fresh strawberry pie (Karen Layman's recipe), sleeping under the stars with friends, mowing with riding lawn mower, Big Falls Rapids and company, Pither's Point, Rainy River, Rainy Lake and Voyager's National Park, canoeing, picking blueberries in the bush, pine trees....  I do NOT miss the swarms of mosquitoes. 
MINNESOTA!!! The best place to live
my first fish
teeny weeny
been fishing long?
summer sunset on Moose Lake
fishing with the bro
Instead of using paddles they invented this way of... heave ho... heave ho... heave ho... and we sort of got behind
lots of water fights, and tipping... and yes I even got tipped with the camera, but it didn't really get wet.
I took this pic at the parade... :)

34 quarts of blueberries. now to go sell them...
wild roses on Rainy River
sunset on Rainy River
random kids at community softball game
lake Kabetogama (I think)
state flower -Lady Slipper
sunset + lake + pine tree = amazing
blue sky on Ash River
fun family fishing
Big Falls spring run off
friends
Big Falls
pine trees
Go Jared
VBS
campfire pictures just don't capture the moment
rising moon on Rainy Lake
awww BETHANY! ♥
Rainy Lake
youth at Pither's Point

No comments: